An Overview On Different Types Of Car Paint Protection FilmsMarch 25, 2019
An essential but more often neglected factor in car maintenance is the protection of the car paint for which high-quality transparent films are used. They merge with the original paint of your car and yet keeps it looking absolutely new and bright year after year. The clear films are basically applied to the car parts where the chances of damage are maximum. These films are applied to prevent your vehicle from being scratched due to sticky bug grime, stone chips, and other debris. You can either opt for professional installation of the car protection films or can do it yourself.
Different types of car protection films that are best for your car
- 3M’s Scotchgard – This is a longstanding clear film for paint protection. The films are very thin and durable and work great to protect your vehicle paint from scratches. They are additionally very sticky and this adds to their longevity. They are comparatively easy to apply if you want to do it yourself. Being highly thin and transparent, these films go completely unnoticed and no one knows that your car paint is film protected.
- XPEL Clear Paint Protection Film – If you are looking for something pricier then this might be the option for you, though the quality and durability might be a bit better from 3M Scotchgard.
- SunTek Top Coated Paint Protection Film – These are mostly used by professionals and are sold in bulk. This is a good option if you are looking to cover the front part of your vehicle including the hood. In fact, these can be used to apply all over your vehicle. This is a self-healing film and so if you see any scratches appearing on the film then simply apply some hot water over it and the scratches will be gone.
- Karlor Vinyl Wrap Film – This is the current addition in the line of different types of car paint protection films and is comparatively affordable. This has an acrylic type adhesive which is not overly sticky. This makes repositioning easier during installation. With proper maintenance, the film can last for approximately 5 to 10 years.
- VViViD Clear Paint Protection Film – This is a more easily applicable paint film that can be stretched easily without a heat gun.
In this regard, Proshield.ca is a leading brand providing car paint protection films installation for clients and guaranteeing long-lasting satisfaction.